Saturday, August 14, 2010

First adventure in California!

My California adventure started in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at the airport. The flight from Frankfurt to Pittsburgh with US Airways had a delay about 30min. So there where only 1:20h remaining to catch my flight to San Francisco. After immigration I  had to wait for my kayak. Then I grabbed my luggage and run to the Check-In for my next flight. There I have to unpack my hand carry to got it double checked and finally made it into the airplane just 4min before departure.
After arrival in San Francisco I recognized that my kayak didn't got the flight and is supposed to come with next flight 2h later. So there is enough time left to pick up my rental - a Ford Escape (SUV, with roof racks). In the end I got my kayak and drove to Jule, where I can stay for the next days. At Jule's is a little party going on and I got some birthday and welcome greetings.
The next day we drove to Monterey the former capital of California.


After some time there we got in the cars again and drove south along Big Sur a famous and impressive coast. There we camped at Nacimiento Camp where we had an amazing campfire.



The next day we visit Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and did some stops along Highway 1 at Big Sur.



Jose, Jenny, Ruben, Emelie, Nicole, Maike, Jessica, Jasmine, Jule, ich

After all those action I didn't had any time for jetlag so there where no jetlag!


Nice start in California - thanks to everbody who joined the trip!

1 comment:

  1. Welche Wolke pickst du da an?....Very nice picture!!!

    ReplyDelete